Thursday 7 May 2015

Visual Diagram - development and final print






As far as the idea for the final poster goes, i decided to base it around the idea of a machine being stuck on the artwork production line of a company (ikea or etsy etc…) The robot looking unhappy that he has to replicate the same image over and over again, with no mistakes, or variations, and essentially no soul.

Example of Audrey Hepburn print that the Ikea art dept. churn out.





I wanted to give the impression of the machine having a personality and having a desire to be a individual, even though it is his sole purpose to produce generic artwork day in day out. I though about  trying to include some of the robots artistic 
inspirational figures, including Bob Ross. 

I added a beret, because all artist wear berets. That's just  a fact.





I added a small excerpt from my essay at the top, which (if it wasn't clear already) 
pretty much sums up what the image is supposed to purvey.

Along with most of the other practical based work for this module this was left to the last minute, so not so much development work was produced. The delay in my essay being completed was the major factor in this. If i can be more decisive in what i want to write about in the future I'm sure my C.O.P experiences can be a slightly more enjoyable and educational one - as at the moment, I'm not really sure that I've learnt a whole lot?






No comments:

Post a Comment